Welcome to our school! We’re a pretty friendly bunch, and we’re happy to help you settle in.
Keep in touch
- Download the QSchools app from itunes or google play. Our school uses this app regularly, and it’s great for accessing contact info, tuckshop menus, uniform shop, calendar items, etc.
- Subscribe to the School Newsletter, which will also include updates about P&C activities.
- Like us on Facebook – MRSS P&C – to keep up to date on what’s going on around the school.
- There is a Facebook group for each year level and even a group for MRSS Prep 2019 – organising a few park playdates before school starts, as well putting up lots of useful information, like uniform shop times, reminders for tuckshop, etc.
- Join the class contacts lists and P&C mailing list to receive information for your class, and the wider school community.
- Come to Tea and Tissues – a morning tea held straight after drop-off on the first day of school.
- Attend the term 1 Welcome BBQ – held a few weeks after term starts.
Other information that may be helpful for you:
- Drop your books off the week before school – 1-3pm on 25th January – or take all your booklist items on the first day of school
- House teams won’t be allocated for quite a few weeks, though siblings will go into the same house as older siblings
- Swimming lessons don’t start until term 4 for preps, but is on in term 1 and 4 for grades 1-6
- Munch and crunch is the early morning fruit snack that students eat at their desks