Welcome to our school! We’re a pretty friendly bunch, and we’re happy to help you settle in.
Keep in touch
- Download the QSchools app from itunes or google play. Our school uses this app regularly, and it’s great for accessing contact info, tuckshop menus, uniform shop, calendar items, etc.
- Subscribe to the School Newsletter.
- Subscribe to the P&C contact list – to receive emails about P&C specific activities.
- Like us on Facebook – MRSS P&C – to keep up to date on what’s going on around the school.
- There is a Facebook group for most year levels and even a group for MRSS Prep 2018 – organising a few park playdates before school starts, as well putting up lots of useful information, like uniform shop times, reminders for tuckshop, etc.
- Join the class contacts lists and P&C mailing list to receive information for your class, and the wider school community.
- Come to Tea and Tissues – a morning tea held straight after drop-off on the first day of school.
- Attend the term 1 Welcome BBQ – held a few weeks after term starts.
Other information that may be helpful for you:
- Take all your booklist items on the first day of school
- House teams won’t be allocated for quite a few weeks, though siblings will go into the same house as older siblings
- Swimming lessons don’t start until term 4 for preps, but is on in term 1 and 4 for grades 1-6
- Munch and crunch is generally only for first term for preps
- In the first few weeks there will be a paper sheet to add your name and email to receive the class list with all the other parents who signed up. It’s incredibly helpful for organising birthday parties, or when you need to organise something for the class – it is also the only way the P&C can email information to you.
- Box construction – we all have a love/hate relationship with box construction for preps – you get to offload all your recyclable materials for kids to make stuff with, but unfortunately you often just end up carrying it home again encased in sticky tape!