Movie Night FAQ’s
Things to remember
- Bring picnic rugs, pillows, a torch & insect repellent to make yourself comfy!
- Order your wood-fired pizza or turkish gozleme once you arrive.
- Drinks, popcorn, lolly bags, slushies will be on sale.
- Raffle tickets – $2 each or $5 for 3 – 3 packs (2 kids and 1 adults) donated by Bendigo Bank available to win!
- Each ticket purchased gets a chance to win the VIP prize – best spot on the field!
- Glow novelties on sale – Nothing over $5!
- NO ALCOHOL – this is an alcohol free event
- NO playing on the playground on the oval – there is no insurance (for the playground) to cover any injuries
- If it is fine, but has been a bit damp, it might be worth bringing a tarp to put under your blanket, or a waterproof lined picnic blanket
- If it is raining heavily, we will make a decision friday morning to postpone or continue.
- We will email everyone to let you know, and post it on the MRSS P&C facebook page
- If we reschedule, but you can’t make the new date, we will refund your tickets
- If we cancel, we will refund your tickets
- Refunding will be via flexischools and we have no control over how long that process takes but will try to keep you updated
- the best streets for parking will be Kurts St, Rheims St and Monza St
- the carpark outside Admin Block A via Kurts Street will be open
- Monaco, Brescia and Montrebe Sts gates will probably be locked in the afternoon, and definitely locked by the time the movie has finished. Also, there is minimal lighting up through the school.
Available food and drink
- Wood fire pizzas – with gluten free options, and EFTPOS
- Turkish Gozlemes
- Coffee and slushie cart – also with EFTPOS
- The P&C will be selling lollies and chips
- there will be a number of market stalls for kids and adults to browse – support some local businesses and maybe get in some early christmas shopping!
During the movie
- the PAC will be open to use the toilets, however it is not an area to hang around and chat – everyone needs to be on the oval
- the market stalls and food stalls will be available for the first half of the movie
- please do not let your children leave the movie area to go play on the school playground – our (P&C) insurance and the school’s insurance does not extend to playground equipment in the dark
After the movie
- Please deposit your rubbish in the bins or skip provided.
- Please leave the oval quietly & carefully to respect residents.
- Consider helping the volunteers pack up – even just carrying a box or some chairs up the hill makes a big difference to the small number of people who have been working all day to coordinate this event.